Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Winter Consignment

There is this an awesome consignment sale that occurs twice a year in our area. If you sell then you get to shop a day earlier than the public. And if you volunteer you get to shop even a day earlier than that-However, I didn't sell or volunteer! However, I did get to go the day it was open to the public do some consignment shopping.

I had a time limit of 2 hours. Since Tom had to be at work later that morning and if you know me that's plenty of time to look for what I needed/wanted to get. I arrived at the consignment sale 10 minutes before it opened and its a good thing since their was already a line-A Lot of people were armed with laundry basket to carry around the many items they wanted to purchase. I knew about the idea of bring a laundry basket but that morning had totally forgotten about it.

Now remember, the whole time I'm looking , the person next to me is also looking and could be looking for what I want. So everywhere you turn the person right there could take your stuff that you wanted. Once inside, I went towards the Halloween costumes first. Rewind for a moment, for the past week my son has been telling me he wanted to be a giraffe for Halloween. When I arrived at the costumes no giraffe however, I did find something I thought he might like to be-watch later on in the month to discover what that is!

Next, I headed to the clothes. I was able to get about 21 different clothing items for my son for the winter! Next, I went over to the toys even though I know my kids already have way to many toys. I was good though and only picked up 2 items - I found a fun play dough toy and a bob the builder construction hat!

All in all it was a great time and look forward to their spring consignment sale.

1 comment:

NessaAnn said...

Wow, cool! Where and what is it? I want to go next time!