Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A day with Santa Clause

Yeah, so you've heard of Christmas in July. Well the four of us spent yesterday in Santa Clause, Indiana at Holiday World. Serriously one of the funnest Theme Parks anywhere. They have three wooden roller coasters, the largest of the three is called Voyage.

See description:
Roller coaster enthusiasts from around the world voted The Voyage the #1 Wooden Coaster on the Planet in 2007! The world's top "air-time" wooden coaster is the main course at Holiday World's Thanksgiving section, with three steep drops topping 100-feet each and five underground tunnels. Take a virtual ride!

Seriously, I had no idea what "air-time" was until I going on this ride; now I know. It is when you are going so fast over a hill that you come off the seat. On this ride your are constantly being pulled out of the seat. It also has several nearly 90 degree banked turns, a bunch of tunnels. From the top of first climb you can see almost the entire county. It is pretty amazing. highly recommended for anyone who is wondering what could possibly be in a place called Santa Clause.


4 comments:

Brooke said...

I've been wondering if it was a good park or not. How did Katie do? I'm not sure I'm ready to schlep my 3 out to a theme park yet :) I hear the water park next door is really good.

Tom said...

They loved it! She enjoyed the little kid rides. 42 inches tall was the magic height requirement for alot of the bigger rides which i'm sure Hannah is so she would have a blast! The water park is amazing-we will go there again next year!

pam said...

Sounds like fun, but I think I would have been sick...

Anonymous said...

super idea to get out and have a bit of fun - I think I am with my sister I would be sick!