Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some Pictures of the Storm's Aftermath


You Have to look close, but if you do you'll see that everything is covered in1-3 inches of ice, even down to the smallest twig. Then on top of that there is 5-9 inches of snow. When you are outside you can hear the trees breaking under the weight of it all. It sounds like thunder and breaking glass. It really is a very surreal experience.

Two days later thousands of people in our area are still without power, we feel very blessed to have been spared. The power company has been working non-stop since the first ice storm. They are putting in a great effort to repair the damage. We saw utility trucks all over town putting the pieces back together. Kudos to them.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dave and Lindsay said...

Wow!!! Some of those pictures are amazing!! I really do feel sorry that you are in such cold weather!! I hate the cold though, so I definitely would not survive!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness - I love how the outside table look like it has silver fringe - cool -- but not so fun to drive in.. be safe

pam said...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

Yikes! You can keep that stuff....Yuck -