Today, I attended a Stake Enrichment Meeting. The Theme was Sisters Rejoice. I'm so glad I attended. Being so far from family, it is so important to make family here. There are some amazing sisters in my ward & stake. Some of the things that I want to remember from today's meeting are: * The standard is raised, we need to raise our standards in our home *by small & simple things are great things bought to pass mainly eternal families are built * Being happy when others accomplish great things, is a great quality * Make each day brighter * Regarding young missionaries: you have 2 years to serve and an eternity to remember * Nothing is more important then people * Our plan for our lives isn't always the same plan as our Heavenly Father's plan for us-just move forward with Faith * A great comment when a stranger mentions that your hands are full since you have one child in the grocery basket while carrying another crying child, all while trying to push the basket though the store (I know we have all had this moment at least once) A great reply is: Yes I do, but it is a delightful handful :)
One of the songs that a young sister sang today was called "We're Sisters" I personally don't remember hearing this song before. I loved it so I had to come home and find the lyrics online. The song talks about how we're different - we're all from different walks of life, all doing different things, and living in different situations - but we are still SISTERS. It's a beautiful song, and gives me something to think about.
We're Sisters
Artist: Cherie Call
Album: Women of Destiny, Volume 2
It's Sunday morning
In this little town
With people waking in houses everywhere
And there's a woman in a kitchen
Eating breakfast all alone
While another one is putting ribbons in her children's hair
And many drive away to the church house down the street
While others stay at home wondering what they all believe
And we have more in common than we ever choose to see
We care about so many of the same things
We all belong to all one Father on high
But we hardly think of that as we pass each other by
We're sisters
Maybe you're the woman sitting in the front row
Singing praises to the Lord on high
And maybe I'm the one all the way in the back row
Who hardly sings at all and isn't there half the time
Maybe you'd think that we would never get alone
That I'm a hopeless cause
But you'd be wrong
We have more in common than we ever choose to see
We care about so many of the same things
We have a Father who loves all of us the same
Don't you think it'd be time that we asked each other's names?
We're sisters
Some of us are 80
Some of us are 20
Some of us are hungry
Some of us have plenty
Some of us are lonely
But few of us would be
If only we could see we are a family
And we have more in common than we ever choose to see
We care about so many of the same things
We all belong to the same God above
And we all have things to learn about that redeeming love
We're sisters
Let us love and lift and pray for one another
We're sisters.
Artist: Cherie Call
Album: Women of Destiny, Volume 2
It's Sunday morning
In this little town
With people waking in houses everywhere
And there's a woman in a kitchen
Eating breakfast all alone
While another one is putting ribbons in her children's hair
And many drive away to the church house down the street
While others stay at home wondering what they all believe
And we have more in common than we ever choose to see
We care about so many of the same things
We all belong to all one Father on high
But we hardly think of that as we pass each other by
We're sisters
Maybe you're the woman sitting in the front row
Singing praises to the Lord on high
And maybe I'm the one all the way in the back row
Who hardly sings at all and isn't there half the time
Maybe you'd think that we would never get alone
That I'm a hopeless cause
But you'd be wrong
We have more in common than we ever choose to see
We care about so many of the same things
We have a Father who loves all of us the same
Don't you think it'd be time that we asked each other's names?
We're sisters
Some of us are 80
Some of us are 20
Some of us are hungry
Some of us have plenty
Some of us are lonely
But few of us would be
If only we could see we are a family
And we have more in common than we ever choose to see
We care about so many of the same things
We all belong to the same God above
And we all have things to learn about that redeeming love
We're sisters
Let us love and lift and pray for one another
We're sisters.
2 comments:
Thats a nice song
What a nice post. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Do you mind sending me your email address so I can send you an invite for my blog...beckiehobbs@hotmail.com.
Post a Comment