Saturday, December 13, 2008

No more Pappy

We have reached a milestone this week, our little K no longer has a pacifer aka pappy as she has called it for the past 6 months.  (she has been a very slow teether and thought she could still need it - she still only has 10 teeth!) 

Wednesday for her nap was the last time she has seen it or used it! We have been slowly not have it available for her to use.  We have been down to 3 times when she could use it for quite awhile (bed, car, and during sacrement meeting at church)  We first took away the car, then sacrement meeting and then on wednesday she couldn't find her pappy but of course I knew where it was but thought maybe I could use this for my benfit(wasn't planned but hey whatever happens, happens, right!)  and it worked. 

I did the normal bed time routine (jammies, books, songs, pray)  and put her to bed in which she was still asking for pappy.  I told her if I found it I would bring it to her.  (In which gave me a little buffer if she sceamed forever for it)  Then I said goodnight and closed the door.  5 minutes of crying occured - I went back in her room rubbed her back said good night again and walked back out - another 5 to 8 minutes of crying occured but by 10 minutes nothing and she slept all night.  It has gotten better and better each night.  However, for naps she has been crying, and it takes her a good 20 to 30 minutes to calm down and fall asleep but when she finally does go to sleep, its a good 1.5 hour nap.  Hopefully this continues and we don't lose naps all together.  The whole family needs that nap time still :) 

My goal was to have that pappy gone by the time she was 2 and we have done it :)  YEAH! 

1 comment:

Pays said...

Ah the good old binkey nightmare! I know what you mean...K was 2 when we got rid of hers. She only had it when she slept. She actually did really well. I'm glad that it well for you guys too!