Friday, September 12, 2008

7 years ago - 2 towers

7 years ago - 2 towers
We heard the news via the radio while driving to UVSC to attend our morning classes, no classes were attended that day we spent most of our time at the institute building watching the TVs. We then went to work - Tom talking phone calls from New Yorkers who wanted their Windows 98 fixed and me in training for the Microsoft Word/FP project. What's your story of that day?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Big memories for me... I heard the news while I had a small group of boys in my speech therapy room. It dawned on me that my brother in law (Pete's brother) WORKED in the World Trade Center. I quickly left work and as I was driving the 20 minutes home, the towers fell. I was nearly hysterical on that drive. Amazingly, when I got home, there was a message on our answering machine from someone I didn't know saying that Wayne was okay since he had stayed home with a bad cold that morning. He was scheduled to be in a meeting when it happend, but his boss noticed the night before how sick he was and told him to stay home.